A Message From Our Clinic Director
UPDATED: October 4, 2021
As of October 4, 2021, in accordance with Nova Scotia Public Health, the Board of the Nova Scotia College of Chiropractors’ and the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists’ COVID-19 health & safety directives, the following protocols will be in place at Active Approach:
- Patients are not required to provide proof of vaccination to attend their treatment appointment, as our services are considered essential.
- Patients are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times while inside the clinic, including inside the treatment rooms. Your healthcare provider will be wearing a mask.
- If you have any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not enter the clinic. Please call the clinic to discuss your treatment appointment.
- If you are considered a high-risk person (immunocompromised, over the age of 65, etc.), a dedicated, low-traffic time at the clinic can be arranged for your appointment upon request.
- Our waiting room will have a reduced capacity to help maintain social distancing protocols. [Halifax clinic only] A secondary waiting area located immediately outside the clinic entrance is available should our primary waiting room be at capacity.
- [Halifax clinic only] The main clinic entrance will now be a dedicated clinic entrance ONLY – signage will guide you to an exit door behind reception where you will also be able to speak with our administrative staff for appointment related matters. Please exit the building to your left using the secondary elevator or stairs (out to Spring Garden Rd.)
- Social distancing will be in effect at all times while in the clinic. Signage and floor decals will help direct you to maintain your social distance from others. To help assist you at reception, the entire reception desk has a plexiglass barrier installed for easy and safe communication.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the clinic – at reception, in the waiting room, and in all treatment rooms. Hand sanitization is encouraged as you enter the clinic, before using the coat closet, as you enter your treatment room, and as you leave your treatment room and the clinic.
We know some of our patients have concerns surrounding the risks of COVID-19 and in-person care and we’re here to answer any of your questions. Many patients have also been anxiously awaiting the reopening of the clinic to seek care for your ongoing health concerns. We’re excited to finally be here for you! As we enter this next phase of provincial reopening, we encourage you to reach out with any feedback you have about your experience at Active Approach as we adapt to new Public Health protocols. Thank you for putting your trust in our team of healthcare practitioners and we are looking forward to helping you Get Back to Your Active Life!
Yours in health,
Dr. Richard Thompson, BA (Hon), DC, MBA
President & Clinic Director