A Message From Our Clinic Director
UPDATED: November 25, 2020
Over the past few days, the Chief Medical Officer of Health announced that as of Thursday, November 26th, increased health & safety restrictions were being implemented in HRM, particularly on bars, restaurants, and gyms. As cases of COVID-19 have been increasing steadily for the past week, we have decided to update our health & safety protocols to help ensure the safety of all of our patients, staff and healthcare providers.
As of November 26, 2020, the following health & safety protocols will be in place at Active Approach:
- Patients are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times while inside the clinic, including inside the treatment rooms. Your healthcare provider will be wearing a mask.
- Appointment pre-screenings will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to your appointment via a standardized questionnaire. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the questions, please call the clinic. If you haven’t completed the questionnaire when you arrive for your appointment, please call the clinic prior to entering.
- If you are considered a high-risk person (immunocompromised, over the age of 65, etc.), a dedicated, low-traffic time at the clinic can be arranged for your appointment upon request.
- Our waiting room will have a reduced capacity, with a secondary waiting area located immediately outside the clinic entrance. Please wait at the designated area outside of our main entrance until the reception area is clear to enter or we call you to check-in for your appointment. Friends and family are not permitted inside the clinic, unless you are a dependent or need assistance for your appointment.
- The main clinic entrance will now be a dedicated clinic entrance ONLY – signage will guide you to an exit door behind reception where you will also be able to speak with our administrative staff for appointment related matters. Please exit the building to your left using the secondary elevator or stairs (out to Spring Garden Rd.)
- Social distancing will be in effect at all times while in the clinic. Signage and floor decals will help direct you to maintain your social distance from others. To help assist you at reception, the entire reception desk has a plexiglass barrier installed for easy and safe communication.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the clinic – at reception, in the waiting room, and in all treatment rooms. Hand sanitization is encouraged as you enter the clinic, before using the coat closet, as you enter your treatment room, and as you leave your treatment room and the clinic.
More in-depth health & safety details will be provided to you when you book and prior to attending your appointment.
We know some of our patients have concerns surrounding the risks of COVID-19 and in-person care and we’re here to answer any of your questions. Many patients have also been anxiously awaiting the reopening of the clinic to seek care for your ongoing health concerns. We’re excited to finally be here for you! As we enter this next phase of return to business, we encourage you to reach out with any feedback you have about your experience at Active Approach as we are getting accustomed to this new norm. Thank you for putting your trust in our team of healthcare practitioners and we are looking forward to helping you get back to your active life!
Yours in health,
Dr. Richard Thompson, BA (Hon), DC, MBA