A Message From Our Clinic Director
UPDATED: May 6, 2022
As of March 21, 2022, in accordance with Nova Scotia Public Health, the Board of the Nova Scotia College of Chiropractors’ and the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists’ COVID-19 health & safety directives, the following protocols will be in place at Active Approach:
- Although the use of masks while indoors is recommended by Public Health, patients are NOT required to wear a mask while inside the clinic. Your healthcare provider will be wearing a mask while in the common areas of the clinic. Masking while in the treatment room will be based on both of your mutual preferences.
- If you have any symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not enter the clinic. Please call the clinic to discuss rescheduling your appointment.
- Our heightened sanitization protocols throughout the clinic will remain in place.
- If you are considered a high-risk person (immunocompromised, over the age of 65, etc.), a dedicated, low-traffic time at the clinic can be arranged for your appointment upon request.
- Our waiting room will have a reduced capacity to help maintain social distancing protocols. [Halifax clinic only] A secondary waiting area located immediately outside the clinic entrance is available should our primary waiting room be at capacity.
- Please maintain social distancing where possible while in the clinic. To help assist you at reception, the entire reception desk has a plexiglass barrier installed for easy and safe communication.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the clinic – at reception, in the waiting room, and in all treatment rooms. Hand sanitization is encouraged as you enter the clinic, before using the coat closet, as you enter your treatment room, and as you leave your treatment room and the clinic.
During this transitional time of reopening, we understand that we all have differing levels of comfort with regarding public health measures, particularly masking. We appreciate your understanding while continue to provide a safe and comfortable clinical environment for everyone. Thank you for putting your trust in our team of healthcare practitioners and we are looking forward to helping you Get Back to Your Active Life!
Yours in health,
Dr. Richard Thompson, BA (Hon), DC, MBA
President & Clinic Director